6.9.08

Mercenaries 2 + Force Unleashed:no escape from the circling place

Mercenaries 2 for PS3/360/PC is easiest to describe to everyone by saying it's GTA if you take away the city gang life and insert the military instead. The point is to make money and get revenge by doing contracts for colleagues and befriended factions while killing, destroying, and maiming everything that shoots back.

It's hard to argue against something that GTA has made successful and very entertaining.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is another in the large Star Wars franchise. I've seen terrible Star Wars games and I've seen amazing ones (X-Wing/Tie Fighter for example) and I'm still unsure where to place this one exactly. The story takes place after Emporer Palpatine orders the death of the remaining Jedi and you play as Vader's secret apprentice Starkiller (13 year old counterstrike name?). It plays out as a 3rd person action adventure with RPG elements and was very easy to pick up and play.

The sad thing is that this game made me reminiscent for an old era of baseball when I was younger. It reminded me of how one very bad situation (aka the player's strike) can change one's entire outlook for any future dealings especially those involving more than the cost of a movie ticket.

I can be inclined to take part in this game if it turns out that it's 40+ hours, has tons of unlockables, is replayable and still fun, and in the end reminds me more of golden days instead of recent times. Unless my demands are met now or in the future no more money will be spent on the Lucasarts beast and if the terrible path is continued down, you'll be thrown into the acid vat with Wal-Mart and the Jonas Brothers.

No comments: